Thursday, May 27, 2010

Scary cloud

There are a few things I am afraid of...heights, spiders, being trapped in a small space and I am also a wee bit afraid of lightning (but not nearly as much as I used to be). Last night, we had a thunderstorm, which wasn't too bad. I actually didn't mind the lightning since I was safely indoors. However, when the rain commenced, it was extremely heavy rain, and I had to shut all my windows since it was raining sideways into the house. THEN, we got hail. Hail that lasted for about ten minutes. I know ten minutes is not a long time in the grand scheme of things but when you are listening to it drop onto your skylight, praying it doesn't break the glass, ten minutes becomes a very long time.

It would be nice to have a boyfriend for many reasons, but there are very specific times in my life that I really wish I had one, such as last night. Of course, this morning, looking back on last night and how scared I got with the thunder, lightning and hail, it was silly. However, when I was hunkered down in bed (with the cat being no help since he was hiding under the table) all I could think of was how nice it would be to have a man to wrap me in his arms and tell me not to worry. Silly, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment