On holidays that commemorate the armed forces, I always think of three people-my brother, my father and my grandfather. Of course, there were many other men in my family that were in the military, but these three mean the most to me.
I got an email from my brother today. He is so busy and working such long hours, I know he can't email very much. I still send him a letter every week and email him, so he knows I am thinking about him. It's odd to think that I haven't seen him in five months or even spoken to him on the telephone. He called my parents on Easter and I actually got jealous they were able to talk to him and I wasn't.
Thankfully, the attack on the base he is on two weeks ago resulted in only insurgents being killed. I know where he is stationed is very well fortified and he rarely leaves the base. I still just wish he was home. He is halfway through his tour and he thinks he will be home by Christmas and I just keep praying that it actually happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment