Okay, so I seriously just had one of the best days. I spent most of it at my parents' house with my family. We played a lot of games, ate a lot of food, drank wine, champagne and beer and just had an all around good time.
My brother, cousin, cousin's husband and I all took our weaponry and did some target shooting. I finally had the chance to try out my Xmas gift from my brother, which was a 9mm. It shoots pretty true and I was shooting at the targets one handed and getting them most of the time.
I also got to shoot my "Old Faithful" AR-15, as well as a .45 Springfield and a shotgun. The shotgun recoil totally would have put me on my ass if my cousin's husband hadn't been standing behind me holding me up. I only squeezed two buckshots off before I had to put it down. Far too powerful for me but I will say, there is something really fun about the pump action on that!
Tonight at the dinner table, I noticed that my hand had a bruise on it and it took me a few minutes to realize it was from slamming the mags into the guns for two hours. I know my arms will be sore tomorrow for sure, but it's a good pain. I might look sweet and innocent, but I could drop a person like a sick animal if I had to.
No comments:
Post a Comment