I have been cooking so much in the past few days. Chocolate cookies for my brother, two different pies, I even made my own vinagrette dressing for my salad (it came out really good). Not to brag or anything, but I am a pretty good cook. It's a far cry from my Ragu and crunchy frosting days. It would only be better if I had people to cook for. So, when I make desserts, I bring them to my parents' house because a) if they are at my house I will eat it all and b) I want to get opinions on how it tastes.
Yesterday, I found this great Lemon Curd Tart recipe in the King Arthur cookbook my mom gave me. Here's a hint though...don't try and say the name fast otherwise you might do what I did and accidentally invert the C in Curd and the T in Tart...
At any rate, the tart came out fantastic. It tasted great and I added a little extra lemon to it because I love lemon. I decorated it with fresh blackberries and brought it to the guinea pigs (read: my parents) to try. They both loved it too, so looks like we have a keeper recipe.
Tonight for dinner is rigatoni with grilled chicken and broccoli in a light olive oil drizzle and a nice side salad with homemade dressing. I'm such a dumpkopf sometimes though, I totally forgot to pick up parmigiano reggiano when I was at the co-op earlier. I love to grate over the pasta because it adds such a great flavor but I will just do without.
No comments:
Post a Comment