Sunday, January 23, 2011

Page 69, Baking Powder Biscuits

I just put a tray of six Baking Powder Biscuits into the oven. I am really anxious to see how they turn out, since I have never tried to bake bread, biscuits or any of their cousins before. They could come out great or they could come out hard enough to bludgeon a person to death. Only 18 minutes will tell...

But, in the meantime, I have to start chopping veggies and poaching chicken for stir fry. I love my Sunday night cooking routine.

Update: The biscuits came out great!!! I put a little homemade whipped cream (thank you Kitchen Aid) and strawberries and blackberries on top and it was the perfect dessert...something I could totally serve to guests.

The biscuits on the left are the ones I formed by hand. The ones on the right are the ones that I put in a muffin tin. The muffin tin biscuits look a little nicer but hand forming them gave me a little sense of satisfaction. At any rate, I can now add a new recipe to my repertoire. The best part is, these literally took about ten minutes to whip together and twenty minutes to cook.


No comments:

Post a Comment