In the middle of hanging curtain rods, my cordless drill battery died. As it charges, I decided to decorate the creme brulee I had made for my friend's birthday. I put some fresh fruit on top but opted not to do the crisp sugar topping for two reasons-Number One, I lack the neat little torch they use for creme brulee and putting it under the broiler just isn't the same and Number Two, I was afraid I would mess it up and accidentally set it on fire or burn it and have to start all over. I think it came out very nice looking, for my first creme brulee. See if you agree.

The only thing that annoys me is I accidentally put a crack in the crust. But, those things happen. It still looks pretty and tastes good (what, you expect me to serve something to guests without tasting it?)
No comments:
Post a Comment