Saturday, May 28, 2011

Lazy Saturday

I did not sleep well at all last night. I don't think I even fell asleep until about 2am and I was restless for the whole time. I kept waking up and falling back asleep. Then B would come over and poke me and wake me up again, then I would fall back asleep. I was up, showered and out the door by 8:30 to run errands.

I went to the Farmers Market and got some beautiful asparagus and spinach, plus this delicious chive cream cheese. I came home, cleaned the kitchen and started to clean the living room. Then, I realized how nice it was outside and I didn't want to fritter the day away doing mundane tasks, so I decided to go for a hike.

I took a nice, relaxing 1.5 mile hike around a local preservation area. I know one and a half miles doesn't sound like a very long hike, but when you are 5' 2 and your legs are only 28 inches long, it can be. People tend to forget that I have to take two steps for their one, so my legs get tired more easily.

It was perfect weather for the hike, though I wouldn't have minded if it had been just a little cooler. The bugs ate at me like I was a delicacy and I kept seeing big, sleepy bumblebees zooming up and down the trail. Bumblebees don't scare me, I actually kind of like them and I feel the same way about honeybees. But wasps, they scare the shit out of me. I saw a wasp at my parents' house a few weeks ago and I may have freaked out a little after the experience I had with them in SoWo last summer.

I'm tired from my hike. I think I need a nice shower and then vanilla soft serve with rainbow sprinkles from the ice cream place down the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment