This weekend, I started to think maybe I was dissatisfied with my current career. It's not that I don't enjoy it, but like much of the population, I am overworked with no relief in sight. Oddly enough, I would forgo a raise if I could have an assistant, even a part time assistant.
On Friday, I was feeling a little sorry for myself, thinking I was unappreciated at work and no one realized how hard I worked. Then today, I requested a vacation day to go to the Duke Lemur Center and asked if I could go to my conference a day early and I would pay all the extra expenses like food and hotel room. Not only did the owner say to just take the day, he said the company would cover the extra night at the hotel and the extra expenses! So, I really need to quit my bitching and realize how lucky I am...which I certainly did today.
On another note about being dissatisfied, I have been a bit of a hermit for the past few weeks, a thought that struck me as I was trying to fall asleep last night, and I'm sure that has something to do with my current mindset. I decided I needed to get back out in the world and start spending more time with my friends and doing things I enjoy, like hiking, going for walks, visiting museums, etc. I also need to join the library in my new town, and they are looking for volunteers, so that would be a fun way to meet people. Maybe they have a book club I can join, or I can start my own.
Well, time to make dinner. Chicken, rice and broccoli. Plus, I have to feed B. He just came over and smacked me on the arm, which is his sign that he wants his can.
No comments:
Post a Comment