Took the day off today. My goal is to take at least one day a month off, unless there is a holiday where I already get a day off. I know I push myself too hard, so I am trying to give myself a day to just relax and not worry about paying bills or cleaning the apartment or doing anything. So far, that hasn't happened, but here's hoping.
This morning, I met with my insurance agent about a few different things. After the meeting with the agent, I went to the local cafe to try and bang out some press releases. Lo and behold, my cutie pants was there, who I hadn't seen in months. It was good to catch up over a cup of coffee and we shared a table for a bit, he working on something and me checking and responding to work email. I was only there for about an hour before I realized I had left my laptop charger at home (duh!), so he and I wound up leaving at about the same time. He's still cute and fun to talk to but that's about it. I have a mild attraction to him but it doesn't go any further than that.
I did sit and finish this great book about the FBI's first profiler. It is extremely intriguing and I'm going to lend it to my sister, who I think will enjoy it as much as I did.
I still have to clean the kitchen and then get showered and changed so I can meet my friend for dinner. One day, I will sit and do absolutely nothing and it will be glorious. That will be the day I retire when I'm about 70. Hopefully with about $8 million if Dave Ramsey's calculations
are correct.
No comments:
Post a Comment