Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ouch!

I had a great time with J and her niece at Farm Fest. We walked around, petted cows, goats and rabbits, ate some food and just visited. Then, J and I dropped her niece off and spent some more time hanging out.

When I got home, I went into the bathroom, looked in the mirror and realized that the 30 SPF I had so carefully applied after I got to Farm Fest had apparently not quite cut the mustard. Though my arms and legs are still their usual Victorian-era pale color, other parts of me were bright red. I now have one of those weird cleavage sunburns, since I was wearing a scoop neck top, and my face is a ruddy red. It's not the best look on me, but hopefully it will fade in a few days. It doesn't really hurt, but the skin on my face feels a little tight. Oddly enough, I didn't wear any sunscreen yesterday and didn't suffer at all but I was in the woods under the shade of trees the whole time. I guess next time I will remember to reapply sunscreen after two hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment