Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Walk in the Woods

Bill Bryson is one of my new favorite authors. I had read one of his books a few years ago, and while I enjoyed it, I never sought out any of his other titles. On a whim at the book sale, I grabbed one of his books and it is AMAZING. I was laughing out loud while I was reading it. Bryson is a local author and he discusses the local area quite a bit in the intro. I think I need to go onto Paperback Swap and put all of his books on my wish list.

Side note: I am really debating on getting myself a Kindle or a Nook. I love the idea of being able to store thousands of books on a small device. Though I love books, the way they feel and smell and being able to pick one up in my hands, I simply don't have room to store all of them. Maybe for my birthday, I will get myself an e-reader.

Totally unrelated note: One of the newly hired people at work is very nice and is living in the area while her boyfriend attends graduate school. We were joking about Vermont and I said something about the show "Newheart." She said, "Oh yeah, I used to watch the reruns on Nick at Nite." Holy crap, when did I get so old? Along the same lines, today is Star Wars Day. Yeah, I saw all SIX Star Wars movies in the theater at their original time of release.

No comments:

Post a Comment