I was bopping along on line, reading an article about the 100 best scifi books chosen by NPR listeners. Seriously, how does Flowers for Algernon and The Time Traveler's Wife make the list but not a single Bester book? The Demolished Man (which really is his finest book in my humble opinion) won the first Hugo award, for crying out loud. So, I did some googling and came across this:
http://www.movieinsider.com/m1103/the-demolished-man/
Now, I'm not exactly sure how long that has been online. It could be from 2006 for all I know. However, I do know if they made a movie, I would definitely see it. It is one of my favorite books. Well, that and Sweet Thursday. And The Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing. And Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office. What can I say, I read a lot. Actually, right now I am reading this fantastic book called Louder Than Words about reading nonverbal cues. It is really interesting and I think I might lend it to my sister when I am done. I make her read all the books that I love so I have someone to talk about them.
Oh, and totally off topic but what is up with guys and texting? I guess men prefer it to talking on the phone, which I know they hate to do (but I make them do it anyway). But, I had to actually increase my text messaging on my cell phone plan because apparently 250 is not enough incoming and outgoing texts between the three of them. Seriously? I have had this phone for over two years and never even came close to that limit.
No comments:
Post a Comment