I totally feel like a 22 year old, housesitting while my parents are in Philly. It is just so much easier to pack B and myself up so we can keep an eye on the fattie. I would feel bad having her by herself for the week. Plus, I think it is good for B to be exposed to other cats because eventually he will be getting a brother or sister. Right now, he is sitting on the couch next to me, watching Food Network. Oh yes, one of the things we have here is cable, which I don't have at home. Also, a fully loaded refrigerator. Mostly, I have condiments, vegetables and hummus in my fridge.
Unfortunately, I'm still under the weather and feeling crappy. Yesterday, I got to my parents' house around 10am and we had breakfast then opened gifts. I had to actually take a nap halfway through the day, which made me feel lame but I was so exhausted I was getting a little cranky. I felt better after waking up. Also, thankfully, my mom had given me a robe because I pulled a Hugh Hefner and wore it all day, since I was chilled to the bone, despite having on a sweater with a shirt under it. Last night, I doped myself up on Nyquil (a full dose), went to bed at 10:30 and slept through most of the night. I was up at 7:30 and had some breakfast, then climbed back into bed from 9:30 to about 1:00. The nap definitely helped but for the past four days, I have had zero energy. I cleaned a little bit today but just did not have the energy to do too much more than get dirty dishes in the sink and put away clean clothes. I can't call out of work because I only work three days this week, but thankfully, very few people will be there so I can work at a slightly slower pace than usual.
Thanks to this stupid cold, I haven't been able to taste anything since Wednesday. I mean I literally have absolutely no sense of taste. I have never had a cold so badly where it takes away my taste for more than one day. Unless something has a very strong taste like raw onions or spicy, I eat and can't taste it. But, as always things could be worse. My sense of taste is only gone for a little while and I know it will come back. There are people who lose their sense of taste for life. So, I have been trying to eat spicy food so I can taste it. I should probably eat now, since I haven't eaten anything since breakfast this morning. I have, however, lost a pound and a half, so this cold is good for something! Maybe I will be down a full two pounds by the time I feel better.
No comments:
Post a Comment