So this stupid cold has taken away my ability to smell and taste and even sleep but it hasn't taken away my Christmas spirit! I just whipped up a batch of brownies (I can't lie, it was a Ghiradelli box mix) and will be bringing some upstairs to my elderly neighbor. Right now, my pumpkin pie cheesecake is in the oven. I hope it comes out okay. My cheesecakes crack in the middle sometimes, which frustrates me, but I read a couple of tips online about how to prevent it. Tip #1 is to cook it in a water bath and tip #2 is to leave the oven door closed after it is done baking for about ten minutes. So, we'll see if those tips work. As long as it tastes good, I can cover the crack up with whipped cream!
Can't wait to spend time with my family tonight and tomorrow. Next week will be time for friends. Hoping J and her kitteh can come for a sleepover soon! I think B would like to have another feline around for a little while.
No comments:
Post a Comment