Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's really funny but I just read my last two blog entries and realized that anyone reading it would think all I do is sit around stuffing my face and drinking and that is why I'm sick. The funny thing is that I actually have a very healthy diet and a quite competent immune system but for some reason, this terrible little virus has gotten a hold on me. Since I got sick, I have actually have cut out all caffeine and alcohol since neither are conducive to getting better when you are sick. I can't lie, I have had two lapses but a) I was feeling better those days like I was on the road to recovery and b) I am only human. I have been a good girl: taking my Centrum every day, eating a good meal of hot soup for lunch and dinner, having a nice hot cup of tea with honey in it and sucking on throat lozenges. God, I sound like I'm about 85. Before you know it, I'll be crocheting dresses for B and stuffing Kleenex in my shirt sleeves. I think it is time for bed.

Update: Today at work one of my coworkers yelled at me and told me to go to the doctor. I had actually thought the same thing this morning. Unfortunately, they were closed for the holiday but first thing tomorrow I am going to make an appointment to go get checked out. I just hate to spend $30 on a copay for them to tell me that I just have a really bad cold. Then again, I will probably feel better if I just go. Anyone that knows me knows how awful I am about going to the doctor when I am sick, unless I am in extreme pain. And even then, I put it off. Like when I broke my toe but didn't go to the emergency room for three days until the pain and swelling were unbearable. I just take after my father I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment