My brother posted this link to my FB wall:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA2JuxRdlmA&list=FL9Ppow1POsHy2qeKGXHx4dA&index=4&feature=plpp_video
I think this commercial is hysterical but I also think it makes a valid point. My brother asked me if I thought PETA went too far with this and quite frankly, I don't think they went far enough. Going too far may have been showing a Doberman getting its ears and tail docked, since they are not born with the short, stubby tail that is their trademark (the docking started in WWII, but that is a whole other post).
The AKC demands such high standards for dogs that breeders often resort to unethical behavior such as inbreeding. I don't think there is a problem with people breeding or owning full bred dogs. It becomes a problem when it puts animals at risk though. If I wanted a full bred dog, I would find a rescue group and adopt from them though, since many breeds have rescue groups across the country. But, I need a bigger place to live and more time in my day before I even consider getting a dog.
No comments:
Post a Comment