Thursday, February 7, 2013

So I haven't weighed myself since Feb 2. Like fast food, I need to break my dependence on the scale. Little confession though, I measured my waist and hips yesterday (still the same, damn it). I really am working on not getting caught up in the numbers on the scale or the tape measure but in how I feel about my body. I am trying to go a full month without weighing myself. If I can go a month without french fries, I can go a month without stepping on the stupid scale.

Okay, so the dreams I had for the past couple of nights have really been rolling around in my brain. Monday night, I dreamt the ex and I were making love. When I woke up, I completely and totally expected him to be right there. It was such a vivid dream and it felt so real, I was completely caught off guard when I found myself alone in bed (well except for the cats). Tuesday night, I had a dream that a gang was perusing me through a park and one of them caught me and was trying to rape me. I was trying to fight him off and I finally broke free and was able to run away only he followed me to my house and tried to break in. I woke up absolutely petrified ready to grab my gun. I don't know why but I feel like the two dreams are somehow related. Perhaps because in both dreams, one man had hurt me and the other was trying to. I think I need to let them simmer in my brain for awhile and see what I come up with. Some of my dreams are just silly or plain weird (who can forget Name That Dictator? Seriously, I hope I can find a guy that finds me as amusing as I find myself). That being said, I have dreams that stay with me for a long time and I know there is a deeper meaning than what I am seeing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment