Super excited...in June my cousin, her husband, my sister and I are taking a Sig Sauer class at the academy. It is going to be so amazing. I need to get another magazine and a few other accessories.
Had a great visit with my cousin and her family when they were up last week. I took Monday and Tuesday off so it was a short work week. I will say that while I enjoy spending time with their boys, who are very active, I do like coming home to my nice quiet apartment and "my boys" who can get rowdy but are nothing like human children. I don't know if I just haven't been around kids enough lately or if I am just too used to my lifestyle but I really don't know if I even want kids anymore. Perhaps if I met the right guy I would change my mind but I love that my time and money are my own. For example, last night I went to bed at 8:30. I woke up at 5:00am (even without an alarm clock), got up and went to the gym where I ran and lifted weights (squatted 80 pounds!!) then came home and went back to bed for a couple of hours. If I had kids I couldn't do that. I am starting to think my maternal instinct gene might have fizzled out because before when I saw babies and small children I couldn't wait to settle down and have a family. Now all I think about is the lack of sleep and spit up on my clothing. Some people just were made to not have kids and I think I am one of them. I mean, I told my cousin's kids if they kept going in the brook and getting their feet wet, their feet would turn black and the doctor would have to cut them off. Does that sound like a person with maternal instinct?
No comments:
Post a Comment