Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Have been feeling crummy for the past two days to the point where I skipped the gym yesterday. I stayed home from work today. I woke up with a headache feeling nauseated and was just absolutely exhausted. My body has been fighting something off for the past couple of weeks and I think it really started to catch up with me, especially with all the work and gym hours I have been logging in. I am going to skip the gym tomorrow too...not ideal but I don't want to push my body too hard. I try to be in bed no later than 9:30 but sometimes it is impossible, especially if I work a night shift at the store. That being said, my body is finally getting used to bed at an earlier time so I get sleepy around 9 now. Also, the little guy has settled down some and isn't up playing with his toys or making noise at all hours of the night either so that helps. For the past two nights, I have had the best sleep in weeks (despite the dreams I had...one about the ex and the other about a man trying to rape me, both were so intense and vivid I woke up thinking they were real. And I just realized something super strange in that the dreams were almost related in a way but more about those later).

I slept off and on all day and just got up a little bit ago and decided to cook dinner since I felt better. I have a confession to make; I don't like cooking meat. There is something about handling the flesh of dead animals that really turns me off. Don't get me wrong, I love eating meat, I am just not a fan of cooking it. Plus, I am very particular about the meat I buy. I buy organic, humanely raised and killed meat, which is difficult to find in a regular grocery store and expensive to purchase at the local co-op. I have been experimenting a lot with making some of my favorite things vegetarian. Tonight I did vegetarian tacos. They were very tasty and I think most people wouldn't even have missed the meat in them. Although I have to be very careful about my iron intake with my propensity to anemia.

For my tacos, I sauteed green and red pepper, white onion, mushrooms and black beans with cilantro and some chili powder and a little cumin for flavor. For accoutrements I had salsa jack cheese, avocado, black olives, sour cream and jalapeno pepper slices. It tasted amazing in a hard shell and I didn't even miss the meat. I made plenty so tomorrow night I will put some leftovers in a quesedilla or over brown rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment