Very glad I went to the store last night to pick up a few essentials. The boys and I have enough food to last until at least Monday, later if we stretch it. Not that I am thinking the snow will last that long but I guarantee I won't be going anywhere until late tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. The store closed early today and may or may not open tomorrow, so I am "on call." I think we were the only school that didn't close in NH. I was hoping, just a little, that we would be sent home early but it didn't even really start snowing until almost 4pm. The stupid hype over the snow is ridiculous. We barely got an inch up to 4pm then it started coming down. Even when we left at 5pm, there was maybe an inch and a half tops on our cars and driving was a little slippery but fine if you took your time.
I am pretty tired because I barely slept five hours last night. Have something that has been bothering me, keeping me up at night but I don't know what I want to do about it yet. Took it to God in prayer and the only response I got was "surrender." ??? I think that means I need to take a wait and see attitude.
Speaking of attitudes, I need to work on mine towards my brother's girlfriend. I have an intense dislike of her, which is very unlike me. There are people I dislike for various reasons but something about her sends all of my Spidey senses into overdrive. I don't trust her and I think she is using him. She has four, FOUR, kids by two different fathers and she isn't even 30 yet. There is this fabulous concept called birth control that I really think she should look into. I am just petrified that she is going to get pregnant and he is going to "do the right thing" and marry her and bring her into our family. And men are so frigging stupid about it. There are only two ways to go with getting pregnant...you are either trying to make it happen or trying to prevent it. There is no in between when it comes to contraception. Accidents happen but some men are too stupid to realize that there are women out there that get pregnant "accidentally on purpose" either to keep their man around or so they can go on welfare or for a host of other reasons.
The worst part is I have tried to talk to him about the issues I have with her, which are plentiful but I won't go into detail, and he doesn't care. So at this point all I can do is pray that she doesn't get her little self knocked up because I really don't want someone with a welfare mommy mindset in our family. We all have a hard work ethic and she is living off of her exhusband, her exboyfriend and her daddy. If she didn't have them, she would be on welfare. I still have no idea how he even hooked up with her. I do know she weighs less than 100 pounds and I could whoop her ass without even breaking a sweat. At this point, I can almost bench press her body weight. Yeah, so I grapple with my frustration with him and desire to beat the crap out of her every day. Not very Christian like but no one is perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment