Sunday, August 28, 2011

How is it possible that in a matter of hours, the hurricane could cause so much devastation? For the past hour, I have been online, looking at pictures that both my friends and WCAX TV have posted on FB as well as Weather Channel, but this video is what really astounded me the most:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsdfsY2BBiw

I drive over that bridge at least once a week. That bridge, and another historic covered bridge are both now gone, washed away by the river.

The town where I work is completely flooded. I have no idea what we will walk in to tomorrow, if we can even make it to work, if there is even still a place to work. This is so horrible and depressing. It's not like it was even one part of the state, it's the entire state and every time I look at another website or click on another friend's FB page, it's something else. But I can't not know and so I continue to look at the pictures and email my friends.

The VNG was called up, so my brother is running around in this mess and I am worried sick about him. At least I know the rest of my family, including those in PA and NJ are safe. The girls are all fine, I talked to them today. I have been in touch with my coworkers also.

But the destruction is so horrible, it makes me want to cry. This is what you see happening to other states on The Weather Channel...it's not supposed to happen here, to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment