Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Power of Positive Thinking

I have been dwelling on negative things, so true to my (mostly) optimistic nature, I decided I should look at some of the positive things that have happened in my life lately:

-I had shrimp primavera cooked for me by my dear friend, J, who also came over to play with the naughty boys.

-I got an unexpected raise and promotion, which is very nice. It's also funny because for the past two months, I had been thinking about neat it would be to get the title of Publicity Manager and then lo and behold, I got it. J says I manifested it because I put it out to the universe. Next, I'm gonna manifest me a new pair of Manolo Blahniks!

-I have stopped being an emotional eater and because of that, I am down one and a half sizes and still shrinking. Unfortunately, my favorite blue Banana Republic dress is now too big for me, which I'm sure will sadden the men I have accidentally flashed while wearing it.

And on that topic, I am a total accidental exhibitionist, if there is such a thing. Seriously. I lost a skirt a couple years ago in a parking lot (I guess the elastic had gone out of the waist and I hadn't noticed...good thing I was wearing a slip for once or people would have seen my thong). I flashed the produce guy at the co-op in my dress and he dropped some onions on the floor, and it was my downstairs he saw too. I flashed some random guy in the parking lot of the grocery store in my dress while I was getting into my car, again the downstairs. Just a few days ago, I accidentally flashed my boobs to the workers who were putting new siding on the building. I had just gotten out of the shower and I thought my blinds were drawn...whoops. I don't think they saw too much. Really, I am The Accidental Exhibitionist. This stuff just happens to me and I have no idea why. But, on with my list...

-Today, the owner asked me my opinion of one of the new employees, which means he values my opinion as a manager/colleague.

-The bartender gave me six olives in my martini last night.

-I get to see lemurs next month!!!!

There, I feel much better now.

"Optimism, when applied to your life, develops strength and peace within you."
Thank you Norman Vincent Peale.

No comments:

Post a Comment