Seriously, if I lose power, I have enough water and food for B and I for about three-four days, depending on how much we eat. Or, we could always drive the 7 minutes to my parents' house and hunker down there if need be. My brother got called in, which is just SOP, especially since he oversees the entire armory there of about 150 people.
I checked on my elderly neighbor upstairs and she said she has plenty of water and food to eat if we lose power. She doesn't have a phone that doesn't need electric though. I told her to come down if she needs something or to bang her cane on the floor three times and I will come up.
We have had hurricanes in this area before and it is usually just high winds and rain. Still, it's good to be prepared. My only concern, which is quite mild, is people not properly tying up their items or tree branches coming through the window. I'm sure we will lose power and the owner told us on Monday if it is bad, don't come in to work. Hmm...I already forsee it being bad enough that I might not make it in on Monday...it's not like I couldn't work from home. I only have about 89 emails in my inbox and could easily write press releases from home.
Oh and totally off topic, Walmart is much more fun after two margaritas on a Friday night when you are with a group of sassy (and slightly buzzed) women.
No comments:
Post a Comment