Thursday, August 25, 2011

I am such a dumpkoff sometimes. I didn't realize until I woke up this morning that B can't smell and that is why he hasn't been eating. Last night, he was laying next to his catnip mouse, which usually puts him into fits, but he wasn't touching it at all. This morning, the second I woke up, it was my first thought. He had been eating his treats but only because he can smell them.

So, I hand fed him wet food mixed with his cat treats for breakfast and again for dinner. He just ate some more wet food on his own and now is drinking water. I am so incredibly relieved I think I could cry. I know it's silly to get so wound up over a cat, but to me, he's not just a cat. I'm sure some people would think he's a baby substitute but it goes even deeper than that. When I adopted him, I took ownership of him. His wellbeing, essentially his life is my responsibility. I don't understand how people could ever give up their pets. I could never give him up because he is my furry little best friend. I have had B for almost six years and we have been through two states, six apartments and five jobs together. It's the longest, healthiest relationship I've ever had with a male.


No comments:

Post a Comment