Yesterday, I was talking to a friend whose husband cheated on her. She gave him a second chance and he blew it. He dated his little hussy for a while and then they broke up. Now, he continuously calls and texts her, even though they are divorced.
I told her my theory which I have appropriately named "Grass is Greener" Syndrome. Basically, a man gets tired of being with the same woman and he thinks that there is something better out there. So, he goes out and starts dating other women and has a jolly old time. After awhile though, he discovers that no one is perfect and all women have issues or are just looking for a sugar daddy or are just plain psychotic. Then, he realizes that what he had, though flawed, was pretty great and he figures out he fucked up the relationship. Only, he can't go back because he already burned the bridge. Or he can try to, but the relationship could never sustain the same level of trust it once had.
Now, I am well aware that this is not in every situation. I know there are many different reasons for why men cheat or break up with women, and I know in some cases it is the woman that has the "GIG" Syndrome. That being said, this is just something I have noticed that seems to be happening in relationships around me. The man leaves and then tries to come back. Some women are smart enough to close the door after they walk out so they can't come back through, but it's not easy.
Well, now that I have gotten that out, I think it is time to start my four day weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment