Had more weird dreams last night. Dreamt I saw a guy I went to high school with that I haven't seen in about 11 years. Actually, the weird thing is I remember the last time I saw him because I was working at a beer fest for the brewery and he and I had a friendly chat. I wasn't friends with him in high school and haven't thought about him in years, so I wonder if he is going to pop up in my life somehow. That is usually the way it works for me when I dream about someone I haven't seen in awhile.
I wish I was tired but I'm not. I didn't go to bed until close to 1am last night. The weird thing is, I wake up feeling pretty good and I don't drag at all during the day. I only have one cup of coffee each morning, even though I am only averaging about five or six hours of sleep a night. Maybe I sleep too much and that is all my body needs. Even now, it's 12:25 am and though I am a little tired, I am still wide awake.
The little guy goes home tomorrow. He's cute but so incredibly bad. He peed on a pile of my clothing, climbed my curtains, put scratch marks in my brand new couch, kept jumping up on the table, etc. But he is so damn cute he can get away with it. Plus, he and B got along for the most part. I think B even taught him to trill because he didn't do it for the first week he was here and now he does. B picked it up from my brother's fluffy cat.
I am curious to see how B reacts to Little J leaving. It really might be time to get another cat if he gets all mopey and sad after having company for the past two weeks. I must admit, I have been checking out the local shelters as well as B's alma mater to see what adoptable cats they have and I am in love with only about fifteen of them. Me being me though, I would go in and ask to see the worst behaved cats, the ones they can't adopt out or the ones that are facing euthanasia. That's how I got B...he was only two hours away from certain death. It breaks my heart to see that some of these cats have been living at the shelter for years. I know they have good lives but every cat deserves a real home.
And on that train of thought, I will never understand how people can pay pet stores or breeders hundreds or thousands of dollars for an animal when there are perfectly good ones sitting in shelters across the country, because some stupid person treated them like they were disposable. I don't know B's life before the age of 8 months but I do know that his adoption fee was the best $90 I ever spent. Almost six years later, he is a (mostly) sweet, chubby, happy cat that sleeps next to me every night. Maybe he didn't come with papers, but who cares? It's not like he's a car or a house. I remember a woman telling me that she paid $800 for her Maine Coon Cat. I thought it was pretty tacky of her to tell me that and quite pathetic that she paid so much for a cat. So I told her the story of how my brother got his Maine Coon Cat for free from the Korean family at the trailer park down the street. True story.
The good thing about me is I will never change. Which is also the bad thing about me.
Time for bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment